6 Things I Do Every Day For My Business!
Hello everyone! I figured I would share my daily routine that I think makes me successful in my workday. Routine is one of the biggest keys to success. Because there’s so much to do and so little time in the day to do so, small business owners can easily get off track and become distracted with non-essentials.
Here are 6 things that I do every day to jump-start my day. These tasks will help every small business owner, ensuring that you stay focused, on track, and successful! “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” — John C. Maxwell
6 Things I Do Every Day For My Business
1. Go On A Walk/Get Physical! Starting my day with a brisk walk gets my mind going. This is not considered a business thing, but it is healthy for every business owner to refresh their brain and get some exercise in. If you work from home, getting physical activity every day results in having more energy and being more focused. Talk about successful people, according to Business Insider, “The CEO’s of Apple start their day by getting some form of exercise in”. Any sort of activity to clear your mind will help you be successful during your workday. And it is also a great time to be by yourself to think and prepare for your day.
2. Plan My Day/Go Over To-do List This is the first thing I do when I get into my office. Before jumping to your email, go over your priorities for the day. I like to go over my “To-do list” and pick out 3 of my MIT’s or most important tasks for my day. Those 3 MIT’s get done first thing in the morning so I can focus on the little tasks in the afternoon. When you don’t map out your agenda for the day, it’s easy to find yourself well into the lunch hour realizing that you’ve been spinning in circles and not really accomplished anything. So, get your colored highlighters out, highlight the important stuff, and get working.
3. Check Inbox/Reply to Clients. Always stay relevant and communicate with your clients and customers. The key to a great being successful is to be responsive. If you receive an email or phone call from a client, respond as soon as possible. Forbes suggests that getting back to service-related emails within one workday creates trust and builds your relationship with your client. The follow up is one of the most important parts of communicating with your clients, it builds trust, and lets your clients know that you value them and their business.
4. Make a Hearty Meal/Take a Break. Fun Fact: Some of you may not know, but I have a culinary background! Anyways, having a hearty meal fuels you for your day. I usually prep my food the night before, so that I am not taking too much time out of my workday to cook. Aside from having a yummy meal, step away during this time, and give yourself a moment to rest and refresh your brain. No matter how busy you are, everyone needs a break. It is so important to takes breaks during the day so that you don’t get burnt out. Studies show that after 90 minutes of work, your brain needs 20 minutes of rest to get back up to speed.
5. Get Social! Select a few different platforms that can help you stay connected and maximize your marketing efforts. For me, Instagram is #1 for staying in touch with vendors and clients, but what’s more important on Instagram is posting consistently, not frequently. If you want to learn more about where and when to post, check out Forbes.com
6. Make Tomorrow’s To-Do List I have always been a person to lay out my clothes the night before. It not only saves time in the morning, but I feel more motivated to get up and start my day. Along with creating a set of morning rituals (as outlined in #1) I recommend ending each day with a brief planning session of what tomorrow will look like. Start with your priority tasks on the top of the list, followed by small tasks that need to get done by the end of the day. I also like to have one or two goals that I would like to achieve the next day as well. The more prepared you are the night before, the more successful you will be in the morning.
There are a ton of tasks that you can add to your daily routine so, comment below and let us know what YOU do every day to be successful! Check out our Smart Sheets if you are looking to stay organized and on track. I find that color coating my tasks and crossing off what I have done for the day helps me stay organized and motivated!